Friday, September 18, 2009

Bad Love in 30 Songs Or Less

Synopsis of the story thread follows after the playlist:

Horrible Love Story

Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars
You start the pursuit of a partner way out of your league. If you get her, you'd have no idea what to do with the catch.

Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
Will you become just another boy screaming her name over the rags of her graduation gown?

R.E.M. - (Don't Go Back to) Rockville
Something better happen soon or it'll be too late.

Eric Clapton - Layla
Down on your knees, boy. This is obsession.

Dusty Springfield - You Don't Have to Say You Love Me
... just let me hang around, okay?

KT Tunstall - Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
The girl doesn't even want to fall in love.

Santana - Black Magic Woman
But she's got an evil hold of your heart.

Offspring - Self Esteem
Yes, even when she sleeps with your friends. Wait, what?

Rod Stewart - First Cut is the Deepest
The beginning of the end.

Dire Straits - Romeo and Juliet
Could we just give this one more shot?

Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night?
Do I really want to know?

Sublime - Santeria
Daddy's got a new .45! Believe me when I say that I've got something for his punkass!

Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
Okay, so this is goodbye.

The Beatles - Ticket to Ride
Going, going ...

Lynyrd Skynyrd - Tuesday's Gone
... gone.

Radiohead - High and Dry
The best thing that I've ever had has gone away.

A Fine Frenzy - Almost Lover
Didn't we almost have it all?

Alanis Morrissette - You Oughta Know
Forget about stages of grief -- I'm just furious.

Green Day - Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)
Hope you had a good time breaking my heart, honey.

Kelly Clarkson - Because of You
The hurt runs deep.

Counting Crows - Anna Begins
And then she begins to fade away.

The Pretenders - Chill Factor
Poor girl, really. See if I care.

Rufus Wainwright - Hallelujah
Love is not a victory march - it's cold and it's broken.

Hinder - Lips of an Angel
What if I run into her again?

Beautiful South - Don't Marry Her
Fine -- let's just go play the field again!

Tom Petty - Refugee
And it doesn't matter to me how much you are hurting.

Bob Dylan - Things Have Changed
I used to care, but ... things have changed.

Sheryl Crow & Kid Rock - Picture
Light at the end of the long, dark tunnel?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment